FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hello from Chicago - seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
DePatie83
Question Hello from Chicago - seeking advice

Hello everyone and thanks for viewing my post. I am an avid animal lover. I was the kid always bringing home strays & helping injured wildlife. I have had various pets growing up, including snakes. Recently I have decided to make a commitment to purchase a couple baby boa's (thank you SmokyMountainReptiles) I have a male & female (both born in May) together in a 55gal tank. From my experience in keeping snakes, the two both seem to be complacent. They don't appear stressed or sick. The female had refused a couple offers (live & F/T) and had even refused a meal before she was sent to me. Last night I gently encouraged her to eat. I took a small f/t pinky, as not to stress her with a larger meal, and gently placed it into her mouth and let her take-over. I am hoping that she will willingly eat on her own next time (a few days, since she's young and also hasn't eaten in about a month I believe). So, wish me luck.
Anyway, I'd like to get some advice/tips from those of you who have more experience than myself. The more I know, the better I can take care of my babies =) since I am aware that they can live 20+ years, this is a big commitment. I want to make sure that I'm doing it right
I do not plan to house them together permanently, once they get a lil bigger, they will each have a 55gal, and once they get more to their full size, I will be building 2 custom enclosures