FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Trader Ratings/Good Guy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lady Exotics View Post
I feel like the trader rating and Good Guy thread priveleges are really not fair to contributing members. As a long-time paid member, I can use the rating system and vote in GG threads, but 99.9% of the people I have sold to are not, thus they can't leave feedback for me or vote on my thread. So the few trader ratings I have make it look like I've hardly got any, when I've completed dozens of transactions -- thus it's a disproportionately low number and misleading to potential customers. It's like I'm not benefitting at all from being a paid member. Having 16 positive feedbacks from the very few paid members I've done business with, most having been years ago, does not at all reflect the amount of actual positive transactions I've conducted as a result of Fauna nor the amount of positive transactions I've completed recently in the last year, and misleads potential buyers to think I've only sold to that many people or only made that many people happy.

I feel that unpaid members should be able to LEAVE feedback for PAID members and vote on GG threads, but they shouldn't be able to receive feedback or GG threads themselves -- thus not being allowed to benefit from the system being that they are unpaid, but still allowing paid members to benefit from their membership privileges and build ratings/reputations based on all transactions they are completing, and allow paid members to display proportionate and accurate feedback levels.
Jen, if you read the previous threads on this (which there are very many including one stickied at the top of this forum) your solution doesn't address one of the main problem as why the trader rating is limited to contributing members. Before it was limited to verified members abuse took place. People made bogus accounts to leave themselves ratings. This way if someone wanted to leave themselves a bogus rating it is going to cost them at least 25 dollars per account to setup per rating. People aren't going to do that to leave themselves bogus ratings.

As to your other points, anyone can leave a positive thread on the BOI a "good guy thread" which is also linked up to each of your classified posts. One simply has to click the "check the BOI button" and all your good guy threads will come pouring into their view.

Next point, there are many other abilities that come with the contributing membership. Sorry you don't think it is worth it to support this site if non members can't leave a trader rating. After all, there is no other reason to support the site that allows you to place all those ads for free to make those "many, many sales you say you have made here.

You are also allowed many other privileges in the classifieds that non-members aren't. Like replying to ads, bumping etc..