FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Status check
Thread: Status check
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by RulingReptiles View Post
So what you saying is un contributing members can post replys in the auction forum?
They've been posting bids, haven't they?
Quote:
Do I have to delete the add off the ball forum?
Not necessarily...but you were the one complaining about wasting bumps on it. Right now, the two are linked - which probably shouldn't have happened, but that's how the system works.
Quote:
No one I know really even looks at the auction forum. How will they know that I'm even trying to auction my ball off?
People that are interested in auctions look there...we can't help that the people you know don't. If you want to sell to people you know, and they don't look at the auctions, maybe a straight ad is better for you.
Quote:
Having it like this is only going to hurt the sellers and better the buyer.
Nobody is forcing you to use the auction section if you feel that it is a poor choice for you.
Quote:
Plus you have to look through all kinds of different reptiles to find what you looking for.
What do you expect? It isn't as if the section is hugely popular. If you looked at this thread, you know it is a trial...and Rich isn't going to sink a bunch of time and money into special auction script to pretty it up if it isn't going to be well utilized. I believe there is still a search function that people can use if they don't want to scan through the various auctions.
Quote:
I would at least like to advertise that I'm auctioning my animal in the right category. Like under ball pythons so everyone that only like ball pythons can see that there a good deal on a particular ball.
You're doing that, sort of...
Rich has said that, for the time being (ie, during the trial), ads can be placed directing people to the auction. Of course, that isn't the same as having the ad in two places - it's basically a title, pictures, and a link to the auction thread. (to clarify for other readers, that is only allowed for auctions posted on this site...directing people to your auctions on other sites will get your ad deleted).