FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I need help from fellow ball python owners please
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
Jeremcy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Given your lack of relevant experience, why have you not returned the snake to the local breeder? I can understand wanting to do it yourself; but - when you have had no experience starting babies, no experience with "problem feeders", never assist/force fed, and you have a nonfeeding baby that you are obviously concerned about - it seems like an obvious choice. (On the other hand, you're going to want to learn at some point anyway; so...)

Here's the thing, though - the breeder is local, and he offered to take it back to get it eating again. Take advantage of his offer, because you won't always be so lucky. If you keep it until it is too far gone, or injure (or kill) it during a feeding attempt, the seller won't be obligated to do anything for you (because you had the option of returning it). If the snake fails in his care, he owes you a replacement or a refund.
Thanks for your tough love response. You are right, clearly I am unequipped to be dealing with the current feeding habits of the snake I was given. I am going to attempt one more feeding in a week. Luckily for me the breeder is local and a nice understanding guy, as I'm sure you are aware. Do you have any advice or input as for the snakes weight? Obviously he is thin but I don't think he is too far gone yet. Is the end of the month too long to wait? In my defense- while I have little experience to handle this problem, I could have never forseen being faced with these choices when buying the snake.