FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I need help from fellow ball python owners please
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #36
hhmoore
Jeremy,
I hope you took my words in the spirit in which they were offered. I wasn't knocking your experience, or your desire to make this work. My point was that it's a battle you don't have to fight. Ball pythons, even CBB babies, can be stubborn feeders...and the simplest things can serve as obstacles in the path to getting them to thrive. The difference of a couple of degrees can stop a good feeder cold, as can a change of substrate. Heck, even unsuccessful feeding attempts can set a trend that is difficult to break. And, yes, they will take it to the point of malnutrition and death.
The best advice I can give you, to help you do this on your own, is to contact the breeder and get the specifics of what he was doing - tub size, temps, substrate, prey (everything) - and come as close to that as you can.

Your snake is thin, but not emaciated. You've got some time to play, but I still recommend taking the breeders offer.