FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Most Dangerous Snake in the USA? Rattlesnake Study Provides Clue
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
g.spencer
I'm going to touch on this lightly, and then simply leave it be entirely. You (Frank) have made it perfectly clear that you do not condone the possession and keeping of venomous by the private sector. That is fine, and I can appreciate your feelings on this and your convictions of such as well even if I can see the other side of the fence. However, I feel this thread along with others generally speaking are tending to touch on the negative aspects of venomous. Illegal animals, non-qualified people, illegal circumstances such as drugs etc.... the bottom line is its all based and worked around the negativity of it all. Always a bad bite coupled with some illegal activity.

Professional, law abiding and very diligent people actually make up the vast amount of venomous enthusiasts. They just do not make the headlines because the fact is that type of story doesn't sell. 99% of Harley Davidson riders are law abiding citizens, but the general public only hears and "knows" about the 1%. Educators get very little credit. As do scientists. Until much later in life normally at least.

I guess I just tend to think along the more positive lines with venomous, perhaps in general. And thank science they're actually getting the credit they finally deserve as that may be their final salvation. At any rate if everyone wishes to keep talking about the negative aspects that is fine, that is their choice. Like I said, I'm touching on this lightly and leaving it completely. The fact is I cannot spend my energy on this... we're doing huge and great things!

Best,
Greg Spencer