FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy CapoJames Aka JAMES SMITH OR JAMES GAMBINO
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #111
Ravennessa
I have never done business with him, but I live in this area... and Im member of the same local reptile groups on facebook. A friend of mine of whom he and his wife have taught me everything I know about boids, posted a post about james.. and I had an inkling he was a liar and cheat, just not how bad he actually was.

I own mainly lizards, savs being my favorite, a kid posted about what lizard to buy his grandma, and after long debate he said Im buying a blue pastel morph savannah.. Now I have had the honor to get to know Dr Bennett, the man who wrote the book on savs. We have had many discussions about breeding them and how hard it is and why the eggs in captivity dont come out viable meanwhile the wild caught eggs so to say are extremely hardy. And we all know that a morph is a proven genetic color, which has not ever happened yet in the sav world. So I jumped on the thread debating that the chances of a blue pastel morph etc.. feeling that the kid is being ripped off.

Either way, in the end the thread got deleted by competition reptiles (they are a mod on the page so I have a feeling Ill be banned after this), and he wanted to talk to me on the phone so I gave him my number and he told me he never told the kid that, that I couldn't have pictures, and then he sent me pictures of rockbirdie reptiles and a blue sav they had which as we know, color often go away with age on these guys, so it's not a morph. And he was telling me how successfully he had bred them so I asked for his records, he'd love to show me. I wanted humidity, heat, feeding schedules all of that good stuff.. He was rather nervous on the phone, when I brought up what Dr Bennett had told me and how interesting it would be to publish his success as a sav breeder with the records he got a bit quiet. I left things on a good note like I believed him due to where I live...

But in my head.. well....

Since the thread got deleted I dont have a whole lot of proof.. but together it adds up...

The kid is not him, that is the buyer and an innocent person. He did not end up getting the blue morph, don't remember why not he got another pretty savannah... but not sure to what price.......