FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Marty Made Cages
Thread: Info Marty Made Cages
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #1
SAbel
Question Marty Made Cages

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums and I am looking at getting a bearded dragon. So I have started looking for a cage/habitat that I could house the dragon in once I pick one.
I would like to have a cage that opens on top and has front doors (probably Sliders).
I have looked around and have seen Marty Made cages (out of Michigan) and they look to be high quality products from what I have seen online. I have called the business and spoken with Marty himself, he was very friendly and gave some great advice the down side is he is nearly 1.5 hours from my home to his location and no one locally carries his cages. There is a National Geographic™ Sanctuary Reptile Terrarium (which can be ordered from Petsmart) that looks to copy his design but the corners look slimmer than the ones Marty makes.
Marty Made web site http://www.martymade.com/welcome.html
Getting to the point
1. Does anyone own a Marty Made Cage and if so how would you rate it?
2. What size is best for a bearded dragon?
3. I live in Ohio and we have hot and cold weather here (sometimes in the same hour) is it a good idea to have an heating pad for the dragon, I have read that heating rocks are very bad and that dragons have sensitive stomachs?
4. What type of UVB lights do most people have and how do you hang them in side the cage or are they find on top of a screen

Thank you all for helping me with this I want to make sure I am purchasing quality material for a dragon and would like the advice of experienced owners/breeders ect. before I start into this new passion.