FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - DOG PROBLEM
Thread: DOG PROBLEM
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Lucille
Those are beautiful dogs. Your neighbor does sound like a bit of a loon, but instead of just taking care of her, since the world is full of loons, maybe a better equipped fence might be an idea.

My back yard has a 6 foot tall privacy fence with a locked gate. I think that would be helpful. Or you can purchase vinyl slats that weave into your wire fence so that people can't see through. You can run a 2 foot wire fence on top of your 4 foot by just nailing it to 6 foot posts.
Alternatively you can make the fence impassable by planting a hedge or a climbing rose. Rosa 'Mermaid' is very effective, I had one at my previous home, it grows quickly, is huge, with pretty single yellow blooms on and off in flushes all year (in Texas) and wicked thorns.

There is some theft in my area and dog theft is big business in general these days. So most of the time, when my dogs are outside I am outside with them. I do let them hang out in the back (behind the six foot privacy fence) on nice days by themselves for a little while if I am doing stuff inside, whenever they start barking (inside or out) I go check out why.
I don't think even a loon would go over a 6 foot fence or a thorny rose hedge.