FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dragons4you vs. Reptile basics rack
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
chrisnif
I make racks professionally - but that's not why I'm writing here - I want to see you get the right product for your needs. The brand matters less than the material being used. ABS plastic is hard and brittle and will crack and split with age. PVC is the much preferred plastic used for cages. RBI, Animal plastics, mine, C-serpents, and a few others use that material. The next important thing to think about now that you've narrowed it down to going with a builder using PVC is the quality and thickness of the material. I personally use 1/2" as to do AP, and C-serpents. RBI does a great job using 3/8 but personally I don't care for cutting corners. The other two factors are I consider are customer service and turn around time. You need to be comfortable with the person you are buying from, and see what other people say about them, maybe see a few examples. Turn around time is a factor depending on your needs. Most rack builders can get racks out in a few days, some take a few weeks (that's where I'm at right now) and some take months upon months without telling you a single word about your rack's progress toward completion and delivery.

Its a big investment in your collection, one not to take lightly.

If you have any questions feel free to message me or visit my facebook page, I'll be happy to answer any questions I can.