FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Feeding question
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #9
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
It is definitely time to adjust her feeding schedule. I recommend every 10-14 days.

She doesn't appear fat or power fed, although it is hard to judge her size without a reference object.

And she still might grow fast. My coral albino female was 7.5' at 2 years old,and 9' at 3. She was fed every 2-3 weeks at age 2,but she still grew a foot and a half in a year.

Her body shape is nice and square looking. At 6 months old,still looking very fit,I'd stay with the weekly feeding until a year old. Then go to every 10-14 days for another year ish. Then every 21 days. This has worked well for me without making them fat. They keep decent growth levels.

I've also fed very slow from birth to 3 years old and the boa I did this with is only 3' and not a dwarf species. I think slow feeding at too young an age stunts growth. I'll know in a couple more years what the real slow feeding does .

Good luck. Some boas just grow much faster than others. Even in siblings. I have feed 5 sisters all the same from birth to 7 now, they range from 6.5' to the biggest sister at about 8' . I say genetics might have something to do with fast growt rates. Imo