FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ming, the Texas Rat snake
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 06:04 AM   #6
Nick1701
The corn snake and Ball python trade is good in the U.K, I have two corns and one adult ball python. The difficutly is trying to find places that sell them.

Most pet stores in the U.K do not sellreptiles, as they are seen as very complicated, difficult to look after and not good pets. Alos there are a number of very militant Animal rights groups in this countrythat have been known to attack stores selling reptiles, as well as a movement within the U.K to Ban the keeping of reptiles altogether.

My young corn snake (appox 12 inches in length when we got him) costme £70, (roughly $130) and my adult Ball python cost £120 ( about $230)I dont know of this seems expensive compared to prices in the U.S

Te other difficulty is finding places that sell frozen mice. Live feeding is illegal in the U.K and most pet supply stores will not sell frozen mice for fear of attacks by animal rights groups. This is a shame as it harms the hobby and makes it very tough on thiose of us that keep reptiles properly nd do so to try and educate other people about them. My kids are stars at school, as thay have all done very highly regarded reports into reptiles for school projects.