FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What do y'all look like?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #1981
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley3k1 View Post
I think it's rather funny also that someone would have a stereotype of what a reptile keeper should look like. I've seen all kinds of people at reptile shows. I don't think there's any one look that a reptile keeper has. I will say that usually, in my experience, reptile breeders are men or tom boyish/ tough looking women. I think people are surprised to know that I breed snakes. Breeders at reptile shows often ignore me because they don't think I'm there to buy. It's rather annoying. I even had one guy ask me if I could afford a snake when I asked to see it. Needless to say I was very offended and went to buy the same morph at a different booth. I'm a girly girl so I guess I see why people might think I'm not there to buy. Most of the girly girls I see at shows are scared of every snake. I started buying snakes when I was 16 (I'm 21 now). That might also be a reason. People really need to broaden their minds though lol. There are several breeders that would've gotten my money if they treated me like they treat a "stereotypical" looking breeder.
So what do you look like, besides girly girl or non stereotypical? LOL