FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Mike @ Outback Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #4
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
The phone number I had for Mike (listed as "Mike") is the one I initially called. While on the phone with him, I apologized for calling on a Saturday, and Mike told me that was ok because it was his sell phone and hew was "open all the time". So when I saved it to my phone, I just typed Mike's name into the cell phone info.

At that time, I didn't know that Mike even had a brick and mortar business. It wasn't until after trying to call and message about the tracking number, that even began to look for another number (and the other number isn't much advertised). I will admit, that I didn't occure to me look for alternate numbers on Mike's email siggy.

Irregardless, I called both phones and left messages. No one answered the phones or returned the calls. I emailed. No response. I texted. No timely response. All this after him telling me that he was "Always Open" (which it also says on his FaceBook page, under operating hours). I had NO way of knowing it was his day off.

All of which, seems redundant at this point, since he has admitted it he dropped the ball.

I am answering, because you specifically asked me, but really (for me) this is done.

I accepted Mike's apology and my refund.

As far as pizza goes, my family doesn't like it. I cook every meal we eat unless we are going out with other families to eat. More to the point, I found it mildly insulting -- He refused to actually talk to me, but he wants to buy me a pizza..? I don't get it. The later pic, of him eating pizza, was more than mildly insulting.

The ironic thing, to me at least, was that after I got off the phone with Mike, I turned to my husband and said, "What a nice guy." There isn't a written record, of course, but I thought we had a rather long (for business) and pleasant conversation. it was really disappointing to go through this whole, stressing thing, only to basically be told, "I messed up your order but here is your money back. If you shop here again, we will give you a tiny discount. Be grateful we are offering that."

If anyone asks me a question, I will try to answer it. Otherwise, I'm out of the conversation. I post BOIs on all my transactions, ever since I found Fauna. I am going to keep posting BOIs.

~Beau
Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for the redundancy