FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Need some help please....
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #9
Pasodama
Heat tape/probe question/s seem to be answered(?). Although I will say to not place tape over top of the probe.
It is fine to use tape, on the shelf & over the wire directly behind the probe itself (or even over the the thicker back portion of probe), to hold it in place.
As far as placement, I usually place the probe on the "metallic" strip, that runs along each side of heat tape, rather than directly on the heat tape elements themselves.

To answer some other questions ...

- If the tub, in the pics, is a 16 qt., that size is good until your girl is a little bigger.

- Although snakes tend to like being "crammed" inside a hiding place, the hide, that you provided, is fine. Some balls do like to place themselves between the hide, and back of tub, no matter the size of the hide (big or small). It does provide them a sense of security, etc.

- Although some people do feed a newly arrived snake right away, I do not and have never recommended it. Always allowing a few days for the snake to settle in first.

- I also recommend allowing a newly arrived snake to settle in, at least a few days, prior to handling (usually, at least a couple days after first successful feed).