FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kisatchie Silverleaf Ratsnakes----Finally available
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #6
blichtenhan
2015 Silverleaf male

Mike, I thought all the silverleaf babies were awesome this year, several with really nice head patterns. But there is some color variation, in the individual silverleaf babies, though not a lot. This is my male keeper from last year, and I think he is going to turn out just like the original wild caught female, he is really looking silver!!

The second picture is my female double het anery/silverleaf, she is typical for wild caught Kisatchies. I think the natural/wild caught color morph is a good looking snake, too. It seems like the ones from Texas are lighter and the ones from Louisiana are a darker snake, usually. But if a person likes anery corn morphs, I would think they would be interested in working with Kisatchies.

These snakes are certainly different than corns. KJ was showing me his het silverleaf males several years ago, and I commented that they sure looked fat!! He said he agreed, and that is why he would only feed them a small adult mouse once a month!!!! And these snakes were close to 5 feet long and an inch in diameter!

These babies eat great, and they grow 25% faster than corns, and most of the babies start out good size to begin with, but usually don't eat for the first 3 weeks or so, but then they really take off. But the temperament is more of a cornsnake than a ratsnake, very nice to handle.

Thanks for commenting, Brad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0792.jpg (506.7 KB, 1063 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0794.jpg (498.8 KB, 1021 views)