FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 05:16 AM   #374
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
First, Casey is a he and besides participating on the BOI since its creation has been a reputable member of not just this community but the reptile community as a whole for a extremely long time.
Yet here he is, saying how admirable a person Ty Park is, not feeling any apparent need to amend that opinion even after a second party came forth and told of how he was wronged by Ty. It's obviously Casey's right to stand up for the person whose actions I feel have presented himself as someone unworthy of admiration, when viewed in light of recent activities that have been brought here; just as obviously as it's my right to take issue with him for doing so - is it not?

I think Casey should ask himself if he'd feel the need to come defend the person who so clearly seems to have wronged a couple of members here, if not for past deeds that come along with a recognizable name. I also wonder if you'd be here railing against us, if not for seemingly falling into the same name-recognition trap that I feel caught him up. Rhetorical questions, since I wouldn't really expect straight-forward public answers.

It's situations like this that make me think I'd made the right decision in ultimately spurning friendships in the herp world; why I kind of regret accepting Robert's gift. I'd hate to think that friendship or affection would make me feel differently about speaking out against someone if they were wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Dan you have been in the minority in many threads over the years. Heck, at one point you where playing devil's advocate just about every thread some years back. I don't recall anyone telling you not to participate or acknowledge you anymore in those threads.
Well, I think that's somewhere between serious hyperbole and outright falsehood, the frequency with which you suggest I've played devil's advocate in the past. Especially if you're suggesting that it was done purely to be contrary. Whatever the case may be, there's a world of difference between being the devil's advocate and trying to heap praise on the person who's left the OP of this thread with nothing to show for her winnings - especially when one considers that doing so would have such a hilariously negligible impact on his bottom line. Someone who apparently wouldn't even make good on a deal where he charged a friend a premium price for animals that ended up being mis-sexed. I guess you see it differently.

Noticed you didn't quote the part where I clearly suggested I didn't think that David's hypothesis was correct, which seems important since you may be trying to lump me in with him. Acknowledging that there's just not nearly enough information to know for sure doesn't equate to supporting a contention, just in case that's where you were going with that. Also, I'm not leading a charge for people to ignore Casey. Just stating my opinion that, since he doesn't really seem to have any interest in being part of the solution, I just don't really see any point in giving him any more of my attention.