FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - UPDATE ON SHIPPING
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 03:59 PM   #25
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Ben,

that is too bad that it didn't work out this time around.  And don't worry about not doing anything, you have done more than most of us in the industry can or would have.  

However, I do see their point one way and of course the opposite in another.  For one, it is those irresponsible shippers that caused the "incidents" that made them leary.  I can't blame UPS really for not wanting to make it generally acceptable for any joe schmoe to ship herps.  But of course, what is it that you can do to become "responsible" in their eyes?  Wouldn't you have to actually SHIP some live packages through them to gain that distinction?  Or would it become like Delta and they come to inspect your house and collection to make you a "known" shipper?  That is an aweful gray area to me.
And of course there are those companies that are getting a business edge if they are allowed to ship through UPS while others are not.  I am allowed to ship herps through them, but then there are several others here in town that aren't.  Why am I allowed to and they aren't?  To tell the truth I have no clue other than it may have something to do with the particular rep that you get.  

Anyway, let's not give up people.  As long as we continue to pack our animals responsibly and safely, we will eventually get to the end of that long road and have no more problems shipping!!!

Cheers!  And thanks Ben for all the hard work!