FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy John Michael Martino aka John Michael Reptile. New York Long Island.
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #10
shel.c
I accidentally posted my friends private message to me in regard to the actual response below:

Since English is not my first language, I had a friend assist me in writing this response so that I can be understood as clearly as possible.

John, let me start by saying I am sorry for your loss. I do apologize for my impatience. The tortoise was a lot of money and with the anticipation of getting another one from you I did want to have some sort of hatch record on file for the future. I have purchased other animals in the past where the sellers have given signed certificates with photo identification and lineage of the parents and the purchased animal(s). I would have hoped that with such an uncommon and valuable species that you would happily provide the same. When you seemed hesitant, I became worried about the source of my tortoise. The more we exchanged texts, the more it appeared that you may be unwilling to provide anything, however I may have misunderstood your intent. I put together a hatch certificate using the photos of the parents as you sent me, along with the photo of the actual tortoise I purchased from you because I thought you may have misunderstood what I was looking for. I figured that sending you the certificate would make things easier for you if we were not understanding one another. I became overwhelmed with concern as our communication continued. I am trying to be as responsible as possible in regards to maintaining good records on my animals. I do care deeply about the status of this species and know that record keeping is imperative for the future.

From reading the BOI, it is clear that you have an outstanding history and reputation. I wish we hadn't run into a disagreement over paperwork. If we can please come to some sort of agreement of misunderstanding and I could get something in writing similar to the example certificate I sent you, I would greatly appreciate it and we can both happily move forward. My tortoise IS stunning and completely healthy. With some documentation for my own records, I would be more than happy to purchase from you again and/or recommend you to others.