FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Danny Cueva, budding young scam artist
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #4
DCueva
So glad Doug decided to post this for the world to see, as it can be known the true character of Douglas R Matuszak.

the full story: (and I apologize as it is a long one)
I had been looking for a female ghost colombian rainbow boa to pair with my animals, and noticed Doug had two separate ads up on kingsnake.com (which have since been removed), one for 3.0 2016 male ghost colombian rainbow boas, and one for 0.3 2016 female ghost colombian rainbow boas. Time passed and i noticed the ads were modified to 3.1 available, and eventually I could not find the female ad up anymore. This is when I first emailed Doug if he had any females still available. He did, and we requested he offer it frozen thawed, you get the picture.... fast forward to when he males me the animal.

The animal arrives packaged in a typical box, heat packs, snake bag and newspaper. no surprises there. When I open the bag the animal inside is this ghost colombian rainbow boa, in the blue, very wrinkled and dehydrated measuring no less then 18 inches. This was the first thing which surprised me, as a 2016 colombian rainbow boa should not be so large, (I placed the animal next to some known 2016 babies produced by a reputable breeder, and everyone agreed it was huge) I immediately placed the animal in some moist cocofiber and left it to drink and headed out to work.

when I returned, the animal had shed and was looking much better, but i still thought it was odd how large it was for a 2016 baby. throughout the night, i kept thinking about it and thats when I decided to palpate the animal.
MALE. Clear as day, felt the two hemipenes roll. Now this isn't some newborn baby, but an animal atleast 18 inches long, so I am positive of what I felt, but I check six more times just to confirm, and proceed to check every boid in my collection. Yup, all the males still have hemipenes, and the females none. nothing has changed.

Message a few boa breeders on facebook. They say they have made mistakes before on newborn babies, and its about 90% accurate to palpate, but its possible for a male to be sexed as female, usually if you feel something its doubtful for it to be a female. Then they ask me who I bought it from...
Doug Matuszak. same response from all of them: i've never done business with him and never will. each is surprised he is still in business, and no surprise he is still up to the same tricks.

So I send Doug an email that the animal he sent me is a male and not a female, and I would need the issue corrected or a refund. I also notify paypal requesting a refund. Granted it is late in the evening here as I do work and go to school, and Doug in Ohio is in a time zone two hours ahead of me, I decide an email is more appropriate than potentially waking him up.

I am woken up the next day by a phone call from Doug, cursing me out that I am a fucking idiot and why did I have to get paypal involved, and that now they are holding up his money and he will never do business with me again. he tells me I will need to probe or pop the animal and confirm it is male, and send it back, and IF he finds it is male he will issue me a refund. By this point I have read the previous BOI doug matuszak post on faunaclassifieds ( http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=118520 ) informing me of the way he conducts business. I notify paypal of the threats he has made to me verbally, and I would like to recieve a refund and send the animal back. They inform me I would need to send the animal first, and the refund would be issued just to be sure to insure the package and provide a tracking number.

I request a partial refund from Doug to avoid a potential headache of shipping a live animal, but he ultimately ignores it. I also have the animal probed and popped by my professor, a respected herpetologist, without telling him the alleged sex, and he says it is male (picture attached). I send the photos to Doug and ask him what sex the animal is, but he never ackowledges his mistake. I also send the photo out to several rainbow boa breeders to sex the animal and they all confirm male, as the hemipenes are clearly everted. Due to a March 1st deadline and my research obligations, as well as unpredicatable weather this time of year for shipping reptiles (the week prior the high was 35 degrees f and a low of 12 F), I feed the snake and pack it in the same box, minus the heatpacks (new mexico was close to 70 degrees when I shipped it) and send it out. insured and everything, and head back to the lab. Once I get home from work, I enter the tracking number to Paypal, and I believe that is the last time I ever have to deal with Doug.

I was wrong. I get numerous emails from Doug afterwards saying he never received the package, yet he signed for it. He is threatening me that he is going to go to the police, and UPS, and paypal when he recieved the animal and is claiming he hasn't.

Just want everyone to realize the character that Doug Matuszak is, and I have attached some of the emails he sent. You be the judgement of character. I have also attached a photo of the animal he sent me, popped by my professor and independently confirmed male. He is claiming in this post that I am a "budding young scam artist", yet only one of us has a proven track record of conducting shady business.

A quick google search revealed Douglas R Matuszak has been arrested twice, so I must ask .... for what?
Attached Images