FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #1464
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Kritters View Post
A little off topic but it does seem to have relevance. I am just going off of my memory from years ago working with Tegus. If I remember correctly there was only a very small group of Blue Tegus that came in. Ron St.Piere would really be able to feel in the info. With a already tiny gene pool on the normal blues and with a very small number of original albinos I believe the gene pool is going to be the same no matter who the breeder is.
The fact that he would not divulge his source is not unusual. Most breeders will not tell customers where extra stock comes from. I supply several other breeders with stock myself. I would be very upset if I had sold animals to a dealer and he then told his customer who I was. Some of us would rather have the time to spend with our animals rather than talking with someone who has already purchased elsewhere.
I do feel Ty is handling this situation wrong to be clear. I just can't see where the genetics are likely to make any difference as long as they have been kept pure.
Sam
She trusted Ty's stock, which if I'm not mistaken, is why she spent the money on the raffle. He said he didn't produce any. He was going to get the OP's tegu from an unknown source. That was unacceptable to her as it would have been to me.