FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Evolution vs Creationism
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #32
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
That's not name calling, that's a description of a state of being. When you have all of the evidence at hand and choose to ignore it, you are willfully ignorant. It is what it is. The cool part about ignorance is that it is a reparable state. I wasn't speaking to you at that point, but it seems you fall into that category. And yes, asking questions when the answers are easily attainable by any 3rd grader with a phone is disputing something. The way you asked the questions wasn't exploratory, it was defiantly. There is a difference.

You want to know why primates still exist while we have evolved? It's for one, because we are not the pinnacle of evolution, there is no such thing and with how we've been doing with destroying ourselves, I'm not sure that would be an apt description even if it there was. Evolution is not linear. I know that makes it more complicated, but it's just how it works. It's more like a web. Some spots branch off into multiple areas, some strings go nowhere (the vast majority, honestly). We evolved from a common ancestor to modern primates. They evolved to best adapt to their niche in the system and we evolved to best adapt to ours. It just happens that we got a fully opposable thumb and a bit more grey matter so we were able to behaviorally adapt to a lot more situations than other animals. We are not more evolved or less evolved than any of our brethren, we are just separately evolved. You can choose to get butthurt, I'm sure there's an ointment for that out there, or you can choose to actually take the time to do straight up research on the subject. You will probably need someone to guide you through this due to the complexity, which is why I suggested the college courses. This book might be a good starting point as this series is typically very solid.
Yep, thanks for the advice.