FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jungle Carpet Pythons - Neurological problems?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
Jonathan P
Unhappy Jungle Carpet Pythons - Neurological problems?

So at a recent reptile show I picked up a Jaguar Carpet python baby from a reputable dealer that gets great marks in the BOI. A little lethargic but typical of very young and slender snakes. I asked several questions about care, feeding, and adult coloration. Thought I was clear enough that I wasn't experienced with them.

Find out that once it settled in at home it had some quirky, spastic movements and was spending time upside down. Concerned I contacted the breeder and was told. Oh yeah they have some neurological issues that all of the jags have, kind of the same issues like the spider pythons and it doesn't effect them.

After doing more reading I find that the statement that it other then funky spastic movements don't effect it to be generally a generous representation of the situation.

So I asked if I could possibly trade it for another snake of the same price as it scare my kids. Now can't get any response.

I realize that my homework on this particular breed and pattern was lacking and I do assume some responsability for this. However I'm of the mind that the dealer should also have given me some insight as they were aware that I was not familiar with the snake I was purchasing.

I'm frustrated and disappointed in the situation and would love to hear others
thoughts on my dilema.

Jonathn