FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Blocked glottis on snake -any advice urgently welcome
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #112
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
Hi Helen
Really glad he’s still alive ,I think your doing a grand job with him
I know it’s a bit gross and Ive never had to do anything like what’s your doing only oral antibiotics for ten days but would you be able to liquidise a mouse and use that
Be a bit messy but would have everything that he would normally eat when healthy, would even smell right .would probably have to water it down a bit to get into the tibe like
Cheers rich

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Many years ago I actually tried to "blend-erize" (make a "snake-shake") out of f/t fuzzy rodents as others had discussed. Yes, it's very gross, but it's also not entirely safe, as you can end up with bone fragments that can cause internal injuries & only add another problem. I'm sure there are vastly more expensive commercial food processors that can do a better job with a safer results, but short of that, I wouldn't try it. And in my experience tube-feeding sick snakes, they don't care that it's not "mouse/rat flavor"....it's just that the chicken baby food is easily digested, enabling them to return to more normal functioning, feel better, and regain their desire for real food. It's the closest thing to an I.V. for a snake with no appetite.