FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Mike Souza
Thread: Inquiry Mike Souza
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #34
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman236 View Post
Just for the record....I am not a novice to sexing snakes either by probe or popping or looking for spur size. In this case I was extremely careful, used my smallest probe with lots of jell, had my wife hold the main body of the snake as I probed very gently..making sure not to force anything. It probed female for me just like the female that was sent as a female from this pair.
The trauma I was talking about was not physical but the mental stress on a baby snake. Lots of snakes do not like to be held in this fashion to endure probing. I have seen snakes stop eating or become completely different personality wise after this type of "trauma".
This animal had just been shipped across the country and that is stressful in itself.
Everyone is jumping on my hurting the animal during my attempt to sex it. I sex all my animals I receive to make sure things are right and have never hurt one of them during this process of over 40 years of being in the Herp business.

I just wanted to clear the air on this particular point....Blake this post isn't directed towards you, just FYI

Sincerely,'
Mike
In you text correspondence you stated you "popped" the snake. Now you claim you probed it. Which is it?