FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:46 AM   #40
Looney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
$25 a year is a small price to pay for a membership, considering the price of reptiles, and other critters.

I personally don't think we need a welfare system, it would be just a matter of time, it would be abused. A hand picked selection of members? If these are new members how would one pick who did and didn't receive the FREE membership, I think that would be much more trouble than it's worth, and although I do believe the welfare system here in America is needed, "for some", it's widely ABUSED!

I don't think Rich needs to implement a welfare system here.

JMHO

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Lynn,

It was simply an idea. Neither great or perfect but just an idea. I agree $25 isn't a large sum of money. I paid once I realized this forum needed support. I didn't think twice. $25 wasn't going to make or brake me. I willing to listen to any idea that keeps the access to the BOI as open as possible. With the younger and next generations utilizing the Internet for information more and more before entering a hobby. Restricting access to the info needed to enter the hobby only hurts the "good and responsible breeders" who will help usher in further generations of herpers with quality animals and service.

I don't think there is any good solution right now aside from trying to monetize every transaction in the classifieds but no good way to do it. It seems to be the most utilized aspect of the forum but doesn't seem to generate much money for the site itself. If anyone could figure out a way to monetize a $1 or $2 from every actual sale it might go a long way into keeping open access to the BOI.