FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:41 AM   #129
WebSlave
FYI, for anyone who has noticed, I am changing permissions in the BOI forum whereby some days regular members and visitors can see thread topic lines, or both thread topic lines and thread content in the BOI. But posting by regular members will not be re-enabled at any time.

Couple of reasons, one of which is because I want to see how that affects the statistics for the Google Adsense ads I am running here.

A second reason is because I may just open up the BOI now and again at random times and for random periods of time just to allow new members to get a peek at what is in the forum. Perhaps they will find it worth becoming a paying member sooner or later. Heck, probably not, but what the heck. Can't say I didn't try.

Not a whole lot can be determined from traffic statistics quite yet, in this short period of time, but there has been an upswing in paid memberships, although there have also been a few that have dropped out recently as well. I do thank all of you who have helped out recently both with new memberships and renewals.

As an aside, I believe there is a good chance that this site might be able to survive based solely on the classifieds sections. Which might very well mean that all general discussion forums can go away as well, with little to no impact to this site. So if the statistics seem to point in that direction next year, and all those forums are just taking up space for no good reason, and losing them will not have any real impact here, those might be gone as well. Honestly, I never have been able to work up much interest from the membership for those general discussion groups anyway. And now with Facebook providing that service to most people, and they seem to find that more to their liking anyway, then heck, why bother with them here at all? This IS FaunaClassifieds, after all, is it not? So maybe this site can get along just fine solely being a classifieds site and do away with all that unused clutter that no one really gives a damn about anyway.

Anyway, this is sort of a status report on this topic. For anyone interested, of course.