FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #259
WebSlave
BTW, my current attorney brought up the anti-SLAPP law here in Florida (http://conlinpa.com/2015/08/15/new-f...by-any-person/), but I'm not sure the courts have yet determined how broad the scope is of it. Several other states have similar laws on the books, but I'm not sure if there is any federal equivalent of it.

As I said before, I believe I have quite a few protections concerning the law protecting me in how I have been running the BOI, but none of them can actually prevent a lawsuit. They are only helpful in tilting the odds far in my favor that I would win it. I would still have to pay for the legal defense, regardless.

Anyway, as I have stated before, the issue isn't so much my legal standing as it is the fact that the support from the industry/hobby it was designed to help is so obviously lacking. So I am simply withdrawing my support for the BOI as a result, by simply removing the weight from my shoulders.