FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Incubator I made today
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #14
FamilyZoo
It has been running fine, so far. Even moved some AFT eggs into it. Changed out the 3-inch wide Flex watt for the 11-inch wide. Put 3 feet fit in fine on the bottom. Been tweaking with and messing with the fan. Tried to mount it with some PVC piping, but it looked to much like a "Frankenstein" project.
The fan I’m using is radio shack 120v stereos equip type, it only likes to run at high speed, and so I have been playing with it with a rheostat to slow it down. I think when all said and done, I am going to hook it up to a timer and let it run at full RPM twice a day for a minute or two. With out the fan, the air is stagnant and the humidity collects on the top. Turning the fan (manually) on twice a day this past week has really help. Fan works fine setting on the bottom blowing air up. Nothing fancy.
Bought a transformer that the unit can plug into and that I can plug into the SUV in case of an extended power outage (Radio shack). It handles 150 Watts and I am using less then half of that.
I have been working on and off (mostly off-lol) on instructions on how I did it on a web page. I will try and get it done by the end of the weekend.