FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ben Seigel Reptiles/Auctions
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:00 AM   #8
Fatalis
I had read a few different temperatures on various care sheets or accounts of breeders on different websites, some said do not provide heating at all while others mentioned up to 80F warm spot. I went with setting the heat mat at 82F to achieve a 78-80 hot spot which was about 1/4 of the bottom of the habitat. If this is incorrect, I am open to any sort of husbandry advice via PM.

As for my experience in force feeding, I have only had to force feed one of my personal snakes, who was losing weight. The rest were ones I have been instructed to by a veterinarian for/at my job. Maybe "very" experienced was a bad way of putting it, but I am certainly confident in my ability to do it well and with minimal stress as possible.

And it wasn't my intention of being up the death of this snake as in reference to the credibility of Ben Seigel Reptiles. I haven't even contacted them about it as I am pretty disheartened in their ability to communicate, not that I was going to. I probably should not have posted it here as no it does not have to do with their credibility, but I was upset and caught up in the moment.

I guess I am, or was, under the assumption that force feeding earlier while the snake was stronger would be better than waiting until it was already weakened by weight loss. I deeply regret if this was an error of judgement on my part. I know force feeding must be handled with the utmost of care and I have never encountered a loss before due to it.