FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #44
marker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And while I am thinking of it, any member who registers on this site using false information (personal name and/or location) in their profile is subject to either being banned permanently, or having their account deleted from the site. Scammers will very often do that to try to obscure their true identity, so this is as of now, the only tool at our disposal for ejecting scammers. That is a black and white rule that is enforceable.

So if you are going to file a complaint against someone who you believe is a scammer, please do due diligence and try to determine if the information they used when registering is false. THEN we can do something about it. Your suspicions are not enough. Someone engaging in business in a manner that neither you nor I like, is not something we can act on. We are not judges, private investigators, nor a jury. I am sorry, but if someone takes your money and runs, that in itself is not something I can act on, much less have any desire to get into the middle of. There is way too much "he said, she said" in incidents of that nature. Nowhere near being black and white, and easily actionable.

So if you are contacted by a member who provides identifying info to you that does not match their profile, please bring that to our attention. I don't like scammers any better than anyone else does, but my hands are tied unless specific criteria is met to officially do something about them. You all need to give us good solid proof to be able to deal with such people.
In my experience scammers do not often use fake names or locations. In fact the times ive been scammed or attempted scammed they were all real people real names some currently posting on this site. This reptile market is just so small that these people can scam and still find someone else to sell to just because they just so happen to live near or have a relationship with an importer and can access things a lil easier than others....Im sure thats the case with any other market like ours. Id like to say just my opinion.....but its not.