FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
"The Board of Inquiry used to be about trying to save this industry/hobby. Now my much more limited scope is merely to try to prevent, or reduce as much as is possible, such unsavory practices taking place HERE on this site. Everywhere and anywhere else is on their own to deal with such things themselves as best they can."

As it should be! Not that you need my support but Ill give it anyway. I think this is what most people wanted anyway.
Well, have the changes I made moved this site in the general direction of being worthy of support or not? Yes some people got incensed that they got infractions and had their posts removed when they violated the rules as they existed at that time. It has NEVER before been acceptable for members to derail classified ads here, so it really shouldn't have been any surprise to anyone to get infractions by attempting to do just that. Whether the author of the classified ad thread deserved it was immaterial. The fact that the BOI went away was also immaterial. Apparently people didn't see it that way. So I really needed to drive home the point that the Board of Inquiry going away didn't mean that people could continue posting the exact same content anywhere or everywhere else on this site. Otherwise, I would have been exposed to the same problems that existed when the Board of Inquiry was here. How dumb would that have been of me?

So the recent rule change is a compromise that I hope will be acceptable to most of the members here. There is a lot of potential that it will open up the doors to even more headaches and maybe cause a lot of collateral damage as a result of people just trying to cause trouble with legitimate sellers. So it is entirely possible such activity will get this latest change rescinded in a hurry if I see it causing more damage than it is correcting. I am asking the mods to watch it all closely, because honestly I spend most of my time trying to block scammers and spammers at the gate during registration, as well as fielding server level problems, and rarely spend my time reading classified ad threads.

But whatever the case may be, rules are necessary on this site. Those rules are necessarily enforced. If I find it necessary to eliminate or change ANY rules, I will do so whenever I feel it is prudent to do so. I don't expect everyone to like the site as it was, as it is now, nor after I will make any changes in the future. But I will just do whatever I have to do when I think it needs to be done and it is FEASIBLE to do.