FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #79
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
Yes so long as this site does not block my means of recourse in the event I am scammed. Publicizing such an event is usually the ONLY way to have a chance at getting back stolen money. So if that avenue is not only blocked but then someone is then penalized for taking it. Its actually in my eyes aiding the scammer and not just refusing to take part in the issue.
Regardless of what you see in your eyes, the rules are the rules here. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your perspective, I guess.

Any such statements (your above mentioned "means of recourse") you make about someone else MUST be placed within a thread started by the person your post is referring to. You cannot just start a new thread anywhere on this site with something like "Watch out for Joe Blow!", or "Joe Blow screwed me over!", or anything even close to those examples.

So what happens if someone posts a classified ad, you buy from this person and get scammed, but that person has deleted their ad and does not have anything else current on the site. Well, sorry, but there is nothing you can do about that. I was reluctant to bring this loophole up, but it does exist and certainly somewhere, sometime, someone was going to either get caught in it, or else bring it up as a question.

Unfortunate, but it really would surprise the hell out of me if I ever saw anything go perfectly here.