FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #87
WebSlave
Well, heck. So shoot me already. I did some light work outside today. The weeds were growing up around the satsuma trees, so I took out my extended hedge trimmer and trimmed around them. While I was out there, I also trimmed some weeds and grass growing in front of the garage apron. And heck, while I was at it, I trimmed up and down the driveway. I took it nice and slow and easy, so my heart wasn't even beating hard at all. Rather muggy out, so I was sweating like crazy, but in these kinds of days, you can break into a sweat just standing around doing nothing.

Was only out there for about an hour, so that shouldn't have been an undue burden on my heart. I needed to do something anyway, and this was good exercise.

Connie has been spending some time outside too, as she was told by her oncologist to be more "ambulatory" to try to get rid of that superficial blood clot in her left leg. So she has been walking around, and doing some light yard work picking up palm fronds that have fallen off of the trees, and keeping the bird feeders stocked up. Skeeters haven't been bad at all, but I did kill one last night in the bathroom that was full of blood. No idea which one of us it got, but it definitely got one of us. Really pisses me off when one of those blood suckers violates the sanctuary of our home. Wish I could kill them more than once.

Well, time to sit back and read my book for a while, and maybe doze off into nap land. It's been raining outside, so good excuse as any to go into couch potato mode.