FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #160
WebSlave
Well, honestly, from what I have been reading lately, the FDA is NOT our friend. They became just another good intended brick used to pave the road to Hell.

What is wrong with this picture? -> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/15/h...stry-fees.html

Connie called me on the phone today. She is pretty upset. She says her legs and feet are swollen. So much so that she can't see her ankles. She was laying in bed with her legs elevated. Then when a nurse came in to take her vitals, when she sat up for that, her blood pressure was 185.

She started crying on the phone. That just ripped my heart to shreds hearing that.

She has her clonidine with her, that she is supposed to take if her blood pressure goes over 160, so she is headed for lunch and will be taking one then.

I told her to get a doctor in to see her, but she seems reluctant to do that. Not sure why. The nurse couldn't speak much, if any English, so even though she pointed out her leg swelling and obviously saw her high blood pressure, not sure any signals registered. The nurse is supposed to come back later to take Connie's blood pressure after lunch. If Connie understood the gestures.

Over the past year there have been LOTS of humps and valleys with this cancer situation. Honestly, though, they are more of a square wave because I feel like we are thrust up onto a high with the slightest good news, and then at any sign of bad news plummet abruptly into a dark pit. There is NO gradualness about it at all like you would see with a sine wave.

Well, haven't had to tap into my valium supply for a while, but I think I am going to have to fall (jump!) off of that wagon today.