FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wrong sex discovered 82 days after purchase...
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 02:31 PM   #5
ajc
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ RK Reptiles @ Sep. 04 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anthony,

First off Once you sell an animal any guarantee between you and the person you purchased from are over. You are now the guarantor to your buyers and are the one responsible.
spam_I personally would have doubled checked the sex on the snake as soon as I received it myself to be sure. You had 48 hours to do any returns or file any complaints and did not therefore they have no liabilty in this situation. Their policy is 48 hours, you knew this policy and agreed to it. I am sorry that your snake turned up to be a male, but from what I gather it was a hatchling when you purchased it? Hatchling and small Ball Pythons are notorious hard to sex accurately until they get size and body weight on them.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I did try popping the animal, and it appeared to be a female, but yes it was a hatchling, so I wanted to avoid probing it, because I trusted Sam's word.

I just wanted to get some opinions, because it is a shaky topic, and I wasn't sure what everyone thought about something of this nature.

I agree that it's been a long time, and yes, the animal has changed hands. &nbsp;But, I'm not talking about a health guarantee...I'm talking about the animal not being what it was supposed to be.