FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 09:14 PM   #214
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
How are you doing, Rich?
I don't really know.

Everything just seems unreal and vague like I am just drifting through life now with no point to anything.

Flowers are beginning to bloom around here and I have to mentally slap myself when I think "I need to tell Connie and bring her out to see them."

I had to clear some messages off of my answering machine, so I played them back to see which ones could be deleted. Come to find out I had several messages from Connie on there from when she was in the local hospital and also when she was down in Mexico for treatments. I was paralyzed and could do nothing but sit there and listen to her voice. That was a very BAD day.

I bought a book that I thought might help me called "The Widower's Journey." I dunno. Seems the main premise of the book is to expose the reader to the thought "You aren't alone. Lots of other people have experienced and are experiencing what you are right now." Yeah, I see lots of comments that mirror what I have been thinking. But honestly, if I went to the emergency room with a sharp stick stuck in my eye, it would be no comfort to me to see lots of other people sitting there with the same issue.