FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - CBB Pythons for Human Food Consumption Report
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 10:46 PM   #3
Martin Nowak
bcr229 - appreciate your comments. Respectfully, there are other methods of feeding them and other food sources. I am not at liberty to disclose elements of the business plan in this Forum. While business plans and pro forma are guidelines - I tested the model for two years - two year cycle of breeding Burmese pythons and raising the young. We were also able to obtain a fair amount of information and data from Burmese breeders. Burmese grow very fast under best relevant conditions. The model is more extensive and the outcomes of the test were quite positive financially. If culturally the meat were accepted as a food source in the U.S. - I remain bullish on the financial opportunity. And no start up business is without risk of course. As a "senior reptile keeper" I recall the days when alligator farming and turtle farming were considered non-viable. How wrong those notions were. Still, it's all untested opinion till someone decides to fully test the notion.