FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - APTORs
Thread: APTORs
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #19
Hues1
Quote:
I have to say I am really getting tiered of reading BIO post here!!! This thread started with some photos of absolutely incredible looking Leos and turned into a slam fest. I personally think that if anyone should be called unethical it should be Alex for only selling to those select few that will help him control and escalate the prices. Coming from breeding corns I am dumbfounded at how a Leo morph that has been around for years, everyone and there brother have for sale still fetches $300+. Well now I know. When a new morph is introduced and offered for sale, rather then it being offered to the public it is only offered to a handful of breeders and all others are locked out. Then when that handful of marketers have 100's of babies available they all agree to keep the prices sky high. Thus still keeping us smaller guys that can't afford or justify a $800+ gecko out of the morph. And then of course those "big guys" go and slam a little guy that happened to find a way around their rules.

Just my $0.03
Jeff C.
and what do you think that $15.00 albino cornsnake or $20.00 snow corn originally sold for 15-20 years ago? what about lavendar/motley/opal corns...did you know they still sell for $1,000.00 plus? A cornsnake! Then again to people LIKE YOU its "Just a cornsnake"...just like its "Just a leopard gecko". Shame shame shame.

Ever heard of supply and demand? how about market value?

You think Ferrari sells their best and most expensive Enzo model to just anyone because they have money? Guess again. They select whom they wish to purchase their top of the line model so it isnt turned around and placed for resale or utilized in a way that de-values or defaces the prestige of owning one.....and thats for something that pretty much depreciates as soon as it rolls down the road.

Let me see...I spent over $15,000.00 on the Mack Snow project...and you're complaining about prices because its out of your reach ?

Heres my $15,000.00 plus opinion.....

Some people just will never get it.