FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Mack snows.....
Thread: Mack snows.....
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #79
brucestephenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
Oh, now, how can it be price fixing unless they're sterilizing all the leos before they sell them. speaking of which, I've been reading that some seed companines are genetically engineering their grain seeds to be sterile in the next generation, to ensure that people have to return to them for seeds. If you want to be mad at someone, go be mad at them. They're trying to get a monopoly on Wheat and Corn! I think that is really selfish. Mack snows, altho an addiction to some are not technically a necessity for life. So really, how much does it matter if the price stays high and/or not everyone who wanted one last year, got one. BTW, I'm one who didnt make the cut and you dont see me griping.
I work with radiation and I have been asked by major breeders on how to sterilize certain morphs before selling to other breeders. These conversations took place far in the past but involved major names. Nobody from this forum was involved. These may be persons that some of you worship.

It is my opinion that it is impossible to sterilize a reptile or amphibian with radiation without killing it within a short amount of time. However, I do not hold a doctorate in such matters.

I thought you all would be interested.