FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 03:41 AM   #59
WebSlave
Quote:
Since the BOI has gone private (pay to post), there seems to be an enormous turn towards a sort of "good ol boy" click...
So just how long have we been hearing that "clique" tune? (ps, it's NOT CLICK people)

Quote:
clique ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klk, klk)
n.
A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

intr.v. Informal cliqued, cliqu·ing, cliques
To form, associate in, or act as a clique.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French, from Old French, latch, or from obsolete French cliquer, to click, clink of imitative origin.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cliquey or cliquy or cliquish adj.
cliquish·ly adv.
cliquish·ness n.

clique

n : an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose [syn: coterie, ingroup, inner circle, pack, camp]
Wish I had the keyword search code working in those old versions of the BOI linked off of the front page. I wonder who it was that first accused us all of that term.

Now the twist applied to it is that it is being caused by the payment requirement? So is this the same clique as before or is this a new one? And is this a clique of only the original members or have other people joined, therefore enlarging the clique to epic proportions and national conspiracy levels? So is it that the people on the outside are the only ones to be able to see it, or us on the inside are just lying to keep you outsiders out?

But seriously folks, there IS a clique here now. We are "an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose", and willing to pay to be here. So yes, we are now a pretty exclusive club, I guess. There are worse things in this life to be...........

But I do find it amusing that with all of the threads posted here over the years, that sure as shootin, someone will grab on to the few exceptions and run hogwild with them claiming that those are ample proof of their conspiracy claims. So all of the rest of the threads and posts are just smoke and mirrors to try to confuse you from our real purpose? And that purpose is to what? I'm not sure what we are being accused of doing while being a part of this clique. Anyone?