FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - the AMAZING (so called) 16X het
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #62
aliceinwl
I used to frequently peruse Ron Tremper's designer page back when he updated it regularly. There were lots of morphs that just never seemed to catch on. I think that there was a diamond back pattern, a bandit phase, a four eyed phase etc. He also classified carrot head, red eyes (not the solid red like the raptors) as morphs. There are a ton of others that popped up over the years that I can't recall. I think that this gecko could easily be carrying the traits for 16 different morphs, as he defines them. But, I completely aggree with Kelli, when she said that you will need the right female in order for any of them to be manifested. He could be a good investment if the purchaser already has a high end female from Tremper with a similar pedigree.

If I were to plunk down $500 on a gecko, I'd want to know exactly what traits it could potentially carry. I'd also want to know what kind of female I'd need to breed it to. I'd suspect that Tremper would be more that willing to answer these questions for a serious customer. This may sound harsh, but if you buy without researching, you deserve exactly what you get. I don't think that the ad was deceptive, I just think that it raises a lot of questions.

-Alice