FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems.
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #89
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Here's some of the info requested but I'm not giving you names. You'll have to actually read the thread to find out that info because if you had actually read the thread you would not agree with paying thieves and liars.

Strange you used the words "freely admitted" when that's the exact wording another person used when they said they didn't pay for their table.

Fortunately, I refused to pay in advance and then stopped payment on the check I wrote Saturday. I am freely admitting that I did this here, because I have plenty of witnesses that this event was a scam from the beginning and they were basically trying to rob us.
Are you a journalist Karen. Your selective use and careful editing of quotes would seem to indicate that you are.

I am not sure how to include multiple quotes in a reply so I will cut and paste the ENTIRE paragraph that Karen is refering to above.

"Fortunately, I refused to pay in advance and then stopped payment on the check I wrote Saturday after my "encounter" with them and my departure. I am freely admitting that I did this here, because I have plenty of witnesses that this event was a scam from the beginning and they were basically trying to rob us. I later sent them an email telling them I would remove the hold on the check because I made a deal in good faith and am a man of my word, but I think y'all will forgive me for going back on it in this case - I sure don't feel guilty. Once I realized the extent to which they had premeditated the scam I made sure I had no role in lining their pockets (other than the admission of a dozen or so attendees who came specifically to buy from me)."

it was this line:

"I later sent them an email telling them I would remove the hold on the check because I made a deal in good faith and am a man of my word"

that indicated to me that the poster had indeed paid for the table. Of course, the following line would seem to indicate that he had in fact not released the hold and thus in fact did not pay for the table but since it was unclear to me I did not include him in my original post.

"but I think y'all will forgive me for going back on it in this case - I sure don't feel guilty. Once I realized the extent to which they had premeditated the scam I made sure I had no role in lining their pockets"

You could probably make any speech appear to be saying the opposite using selective quotations and deletions. Making sure you have the entire quote is important in conveying a complete thought or comment

[/quote]It has been noted that they left Sunday way early so in theory there could still be people who didn't pay just because they didn't have a chance before the crooks left.

I started packing up at 2:00 Sunday, and they were already gone. As for the other post above concerning boasnkc, it's hard to pay for your tables if the promoters have already left.[/quote]

Its hard to pay when the people your supposed to pay are not around. I hardly think this is an admission of intentionally not paying for a table. For these people It is important to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that had intentions of paying.

This will be my last post in this thread. It is pretty clear that kellie and troy are worthless pieces of crap. I guess there are two ways to look at it, "paying thieves and liars" as Karen likes to refer to it which I never said I agreed with, or honoring your commitments up to the point where you know you are being taken advantage of (or possibly even past that point as some apparently have done.) I too would have been upset with the way the situation presented itself. I can not say that I would have followed up on my entire commitment and returned for the Sunday portion of the show the way that Sherry did (thats a business ethic that I do respect Sherry) although in retrospect you are probably wondering if you did the right thing, but I certainly would have paid for my table on Saturday. The time to walk away from a bad situation is as soon as you realize it is happening.

Steve