FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Banning
Thread: Banning
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 04:13 AM   #2
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig
I would like to see everyone's thoughts about what qualifies someone for banning from Fauna. I want to hear from members, moderators, and admin alike, just to see what everyone thinks about how far people should be able to go before saying "You don't belong here, don't come back."
This probably isn't the response you're looking for, but if people could just behave themselves, act like adults and follow the rules of the forum in which they are participating, there wouldn't be a need to ban anyone... in my opinion.

BUT, apparently some members are either not willing or able to behave, act like adults or follow some simple rules. Thus the need for moderators who have to make judgement calls based upon established rules and alleged violations.

SO, for the folks who can't behave, act like adults and follow the rules, I guess they get what they have coming to them. I understand honest mistakes and occasional screw-ups, but repeat offenders are just signing their own discharge. What's sad is when a very knowledgable and helpful person is banned because of their behavior.