FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Coastal vs Whitewater Rosys
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #21
Stevefromsd
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch101
It could be a Hemet local Coastal, or even another. It could also be a Whitewater. It is really hard to say. Can you post a pic that shows the side a little better. Whitewaters will often have very fine dark edging between the pink and the blue-grey, and this is most obvious on their sides. This can be seen best in Wilomn's 3rd pic that he posted.

Again Whitewaters sometimes look very much like Coastals, and other times just like Deserts. Whitewaters are thought to be intergrades between the two subspecies since their range is found in the center of what would be the intergrade zone between the two different subspecies. So when you say Whitewater or Coastal from the pic, I would remind you that it could look very much like both and it actually does.

Either way it is literally impossible to tell exactly what you have for sure without specific and complete history that would need to trace back to the original Wild collected stock that from which it came. Anyway, from that one pic, I am leaning toward the Hemet Coastal, but that is just a hunch, and not at all definite. That being said it is a really nice Rosy!

Here's a pic that show her side better. I've had one pet shop tell me she's a Whitewater, and another pet shop told me she's a Coastal. It's just frustrating. She's CB so I have no idea where the original ones were caught in the wild.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coastal IV.jpg (84.7 KB, 40 views)