FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Where am I going wrong with this site?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #88
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
That wasn't derision, Jim. That was my honest opinion. Perhaps your interpretation of what I said is colored by your own bias. Yes, I am having doubts about my ability to run this site. That's why I ask people's opinions and try some different things now and again.
I accept your word, Rich and I apologize for the insinuation. However, that was not the impression that I got from reading it. Perhaps you ought to come back to the following quotes in a few days and re-read them and see how you might take them if they were directed at you when you were trying to be helpful to someone at their request:

Quote:
Do you seriously think I sit here reading everything 24/7? Do you think I really care to read stuff I have absolutely no interest in? Do you really think my time is of so little value to me that I have nothing better to do? Do you REALLY think I monitor the stats at all and would note an increase such as you indicate? Well if you do, I am sorry, but somehow you have become severely misinformed about what I do with my time and efforts. YOU have 4,000+ corn snakes hatch out and see how much time you have to spend on a secondary concern like this. I am only now beginning to get into a slower time of year, as the adults are going into brumation and a substantial portion of the babies have been sold, so THAT is why I am now turning more of my attention to this site. Sorry if you got the wrong impression about any external events that were bigger blips on your radar then they were on mine.
Quote:
Yes, I know. Everyone knows better how to run this site then I do. Just darn lucky it has gotten as far as it has, I guess, in spite of my inept handling of it.
Whether those two passages were intended as the blathering of a self-important pompous ass or not they sure as heck came out sounding like it to me. That was my point. If you cannot control how you sound (irrespective of what you may mean) when you address someone who is legitimately offering advice it is going to be hard for you to expect it of others. "Do as I say not as I do" may occasionally work with young children but rarely holds water with adults and adult aged children.