FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - cheating
Thread: cheating
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:12 AM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdog
Having watched certain sites fairly closely over the last 6+ months I have to say that it's fairly dissapointing that so much cheating goes on.. it makes this topsites list pretty useless in my mind.. take the centre for reptile and amphibian reaserch for example, the other day they got 5242 hits from 25 unique visitors. PATHETIC. if that isnt cheating what is? it's been going on for a long time and they are not the only ones!

What are the rules re cheating sites here?

if it's allowed then i'll jump on the bandwagon too, if not then how about doing somehting about it?

watchdog
Pointing out that some sites are engaged in dishonorable activity is fine: the BOI was founded to point out, and ferret out the bad guys. I personally feel that this particular site is run with integrity, but your specific example from another site was excellent and illustrative of the behavior your wished to point out.

But saying that if permitted, you would jump on the bandwagon?
To me, cheating is wrong. It doesn't matter who does it, it is wrong. I agree that when one sees others doing something that is obviously dishonorable, and doing it with impunity, it is galling. I think it would be good to take the high road and help expose such misdoings, which your post helped to do.