FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Cell phones: Ever-evolving, rarely improving...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Xelda
I put off getting a phone for as long as I could. I think I was the last of my friends to get one. What finally made me hop on the bandwagon? I really, really liked a guy I had just started dating and wanted to make it as easy as possible for him to reach me. Up to that point, I lucked out in emergencies by borrowing other people's cell phones.

I used to work in a restaurant. I remember waiting on a couple who were regulars. I can only assume they were brother and sister because they would spend the entire meal talking on their phones, obviously carrying on separate conversations, then split the check at the end of the meal. They did this every single time they came into the restaurant. It always made me wonder, what was the point of going out to eat with each other in the first place?

Anyway, I'm pretty good at tuning out the rude people who talk on their phones, but what I find annoying is when my friend text-messages other people on his phone while I'm talking to him in person. Or worse, being the person my friends call just because they're idly standing in line somewhere and felt bored.