FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoid PM???
Thread: Venomoid PM???
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Well, perhaps "rely on enzymes" is a bit over doing it since many voids have proven to live with out them. I guess from My point of view, are they fully digesting? Does it take longer? When a human has no digestive enzyme (or not enough) we get heart burn. We may still digest, but not very comfortably. I guess I liken the two to be similar in My way of thinking.

As for the legalities involved.........I am sure that someone, somewhere will try to say "it's legal because it's a void and no longer venomous", but the state will merely amend to suit what they want done. That seems to be the norm.

The fact is, as long as you got these "cowboy" type people who practice unsafe handling, or free handling because they are voided, we will continue to have envenomations, and the laws will continue to get stricter. I am glad i don't actively keep hots any more. Because I do not have to deal with it. Really sucks for those that have kept for years, and practice all the safety and everything, and NOT get envenomated ever, to all of a sudden have to get rid of their hots.

Rick