FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Death Penalty
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 03:38 AM   #76
ZX11
I know some folks in prison. Two for murder, one vehicular homicide. My youngest brother was killed in '86 by a drunk driver, this guys second killl in a year.

Death penalty cases should be resolved the original way. By the hands of the victims' families.

One of the guys up for murder, I went to school with. All throughout school, he was looking for fights and doing mean things to people, myself included. I was scared of the guy because of his ways. It came as no surprise to learn that he and another guy-- a very good friend of mine in school-- stole a boat, went to an elderly mans' house, robbed him, and then, for fun, killed the poor guy. No death penalty here. Victims and killers are all black.

The other guy that murdered was a white guy that left his live-in girlfriend at home, went across the street and drug a woman outside and raped her in front of her daughter, multiple stab wounds and slashed the throat. He cleaned up in her house and went home, told his girlfriend, and had sex with her. The little girl called 911 and identified the killer. The cops went across the street to arrest the guy, but his girlfrined held them at bay while the guy ran out the backdoor. They caught him shortly afterward. He got death, the girlfriend got off and is living in Alaska. This is my stepmother's sister.

Make no mistake, financial wealth and race do play a part in whether or not someone is put to death. I am sick of it.
Whether the perp is black or white or yellow or red makes no difference. The victims are all dead. Race or money is not an issue for them, why should it matter about the killer?

Before exploring whether the death penalty is just or moral, we also have to look at the court system. The average wait time for a criminal trial varies, but for major cases, a perp may sit 3-5 years before his case ever comes up.That is a major chunk of cash. You and I pay for that. There needs to be a faster way of dealing with this. Civil cases are tried in front of the same judges as criminal cases. If there were seperate courts for these, the process would much quicker. But, then you have the crappy attorneys that will drag things out as long as possible. Reason: If it is futher in the past, the sentence won't be as bad. Wrong. I think that criminal cases should be tried, one shot, within six months of capture/or commit date. Within six months of that, automatic appeals, where it applies. There should be no appeals for those that plea out/guilty.Upon completion of the appeal, sentence is carried out that day. One year, all is done, money is saved.
Ok, so some folks say what about "new evidence" after the appeal? Sucks for them. You had a year. Drag your feet, lose your case. PERIOD.

I am in favor of the death penalty. I am not in favor of all the B.S. that goes with it.

If our Supreme Court Justices would work everyday they are paid for, this would speed up the process greatly. Instead, they sit at their desks jerking off, wasting our money. There is absolutely no excuse for an appeal to sit in front of them for years, decades, and they RARELY work, but the paycheck is steady.